Certified Food Service Professional Scheme from CESA
CFSP (Certified Food Service Professional) is the industry specific professional qualification for the UK Food Service industry. It has been introduced under the auspices of CESA (Catering Equipment Suppliers Association) which is already an established and highly regarded body within the industry. CESA’s objective is to help improve the levels of professionalism in the sector by creating a universally recognised and respected industry ‘standard’ for knowledge and experience.
Becoming Accredited to CFSP
CFSP is open to anyone within the Food Service Industry.
To successfully achieve the designation (and the benefits that accrue), candidates must demonstrate all of the following:
- study for and pass a comprehensive written test
- attend a full day seminar prior to the test
- prove certain levels of experience in the industry
- show personal development through the completion of recognised education/training programmes
- demonstrate active involvement in the industry
- pay a specified biennial fee to maintain CFSP status
- maintain the above if you wish to continue to use the CFSP
- designation and receive regular communication from the programme.
Your initial payment of £800 +VAT (£550+VAT for CESA/CEDA & FCSI members) covers the test programme, evaluation of experience and certification membership for two years after passing the exam. Following this you can maintain and improve your certification status as you progress from silver, gold or platinum levels for another two year period. The fee for this is £305 +VAT (£165+VAT for CESA/CEDA & FCSI members) for each two year period. In return you will receive regular updates and information to recognise your status as a CFSP Certified professional.
You can make a preliminary application today and then sign-up for a seminar and test in your area once we have reviewed your application. All we need are some basic details.